Today, TOMS at UGA is hosting “One Day Without Shoes,” a national awareness campaign. More specifically, the TOMS at UGA team will help spread awareness by allowing students to “bare their soles” with shoeless activities from noon to 6 p.m. at Brumby Beach, CA. Brumby Beach is an area where students hang out and relax during the day and is located between three of the main freshman dorms on campus. Activities will include a moonwalk, a barefoot concert, a “Style Your Sole” party, a screening of the “For Tomorrow” TOMS documentary and a barefoot march across campus at 5:30 p.m. to conclude the event.
Why show your support?
- Fact #1: In some developing nations, children must walk for miles to food, clean water and to seek medical help.
- Fact #2: Cuts and sores on feet can lead to serious infection.
- Fact #3: Often, children cannot attend school barefoot.
- Fact #4: In Ethiopia, approximately one million people are suffering from Podoconiosis, a debilitating and disfiguring disease caused by walking barefoot in volcanic soil.
- Fact #5: Podoconiosis is 100% preventable by wearing shoes.
How to show your support?
- On April 16th, go barefoot on the way to the water cooler, walking to the mailbox, in an afternoon meeting or on your lunch break; go barefoot for the entire day or long enough to raise awareness.
- Pledge your support on Facebook
- Share One Day Without Shoes with all your friends on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Myspace by updating your status, writing a note, or posting a bulletin.
- Blog about One Day Without Shoes on April 16th.
- Buy TOMS Shoes and join our One for One movement! For every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of shoes to a child in need. One for One. Purchase yours today!
- Share the TOMS mission, and how our One for One movement is changing the lives of children in need.
Well, TOMS at UGA, MakeGood Salutes You…